- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 organic brown eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup organic blueberries
Preheat waffle iron.
In a large bowl combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and mix well.
In the center of the dry ingredients, make a small well and add buttermilk, eggs and butter. Whisk until well combined.
Fold blueberries into the batter.
Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray.
Place 1 cup of batter onto the center of waffle iron and cook until the outer edges are crisp.
Serve and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Ginger Honey Syrup
- 1/4 cup organic salted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup JuJu Royal Ginger Honey
- 1/4 cup organic medium amber maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
In a small saucepan melt butter on low heat.
Stir in pecans, honey, syrup and brown sugar until well mixed.
Spoon sauce over waffles as desired.