Using JuJu Royal Spicy Jerk Olive Oil and Ginger Honey to make this sweet and bold homemade mango chutney adds big flavor to your meals.
- 6 6oz tuna steaks
- 1/4 cup JuJu Royal Spicy Jerk EVOO
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 shallots (minced)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro (2-3 tbsp), garlic, shallots, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper, mix well.
Coat tuna with the marinade mix and line in a glass baking dish, refrigerate 45 minutes.
Brush cooking grate with oil and preheat.
Grill steaks over high heat for 5-6 minutes per side.
Remove from grill and top with mango chutney and remaining cilantro.
- 3 cups fresh mango (diced)
- 2 tbsp JuJu Royal Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (chopped)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 5 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp JuJu Royal Ginger Honey
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
Preheat saucepan on medium with olive oil.
Add onion, chili flakes and ginger and cook until soften for 5 minutes.
Stirring add paprika, curry powder and turmeric and cook for another minute.
Add mango, orange juice, cider vinegar, honey, and salt.
Reduce heat and let it simmer for 20 minutes, until the chutney is nicely softened.
Let it cool to room temperature and store in airtight container in fridge.
Lasts about a month.
Chutney is extremely versatile, a great condiment that can go with anything. Try it with your favorite cold or hot sandwich, it’s a game changer!