- ½ tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp clove
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tbsp JuJu Royal CBD infused Jerk Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cup of vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 oz) Red Beans or Black Beans
- 1 can (14 oz) stewed tomatoes
- 1 ½ cup of long grain rice
In a large skillet, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil for about 3 to 5 minutes.
Add nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Cook for one minute. Stir occasionally to prevent the spices from burning.
Add kidney or black beans (including liquid) and stewed tomatoes (including liquid). Stir to combine until all ingredients mix well together.
Cook for another 2 minutes. Add rice and vegetable broth. Cover skillet and cook for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until the rice is done and/or when most of the liquid has been absorbed.
Throughout cooking time, stir the rice occasionally to make sure it does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Add salt and ground pepper to taste.