- 4 large sweet potatoes (peeled/diced)
- 1 can lentils (drained) – 15oz
- 1 can organic unsweetened coconut milk – 14oz
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 can chopped tomato – 15oz
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 tsp ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse black pepper
- 2 tbsp JuJu Royal Spicy Jerk EVOO
In a large pot, sauté the onions with olive oil, garlic, ginger, red curry paste, cayenne pepper, paprika and turmeric until onions are softened.
Mix in the sweet potatoes and lentils until coated with the sautéed onions and spices.
Add coconut milk, vegetable stock and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
Cover with pot lid and simmer on medium heat for about 12-15 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender.
Once sweet potatoes are tender add peanut butter, sugar, salt and pepper.
Serve over rice and top with chopped peanuts and fresh cilantro.
If curry is too spicy, try eating with cucumber slices or sliced green bananas. Your favorite vegetable will also pair well.
If you need another alternative for peanut butter you can replace it with sunflower butter. Check out our homemade Sunflower Butter recipe!